Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It is done...

(moved from LiveJournal to Blogger.com December 8, 2007.)

I finished the movie half an hour ago -- I let mom watch it to have a fresh pair of eyes before rendering. I needed some time away from it so I could come back and see that, yes, this needs to be trimmed, this needs to be moved, this needs to be smoothed...etc, etc, etc. I started rendering before I saw ow long it was finally, but it can't be more than 28 minutes and 10 seconds. Of course, I want to watch it on my teevee to make sure it looks and sounds okay (because it looks very pretty on my monitor) before I put my final stamp of approval on it, but it is, for all intents and purposes, done.

Rory and CJ: I need your addresses, please. Send them to kimyoo.films@gmail.com so I can send your copies off to you.

After I do some research and some graphics for the menu screen, I'll be sending out the first batch of festival entries tomorrow (and family/friends/cast discs :D).

To be honest, I'm still a little too close to it to say if I love it. I can say with all honesty that I'm happy with it and I think that means more, y'know? Any other blemishes couldn't be fixed...I tried.

I'm already thinking about the next short film I want to make. Yes, I'm thinking about doing a short again because I want to work out my mistakes on shorts before I try my hand at a feature. I'm compiliing a bunch of short stories into a book and one of the stories is, of course, about zombies. Don't worry, it's also very small scale.

No comments: