Saturday, November 3, 2007

editing update

(moved from LiveJournal to Blogger.com December 8, 2007.)

After some concerted effort last night and today (and the fact that TrAilz and I couldn't meet up for her VO), I'm up to twelve minutes, thirty eight seconds done on the rough cut of the film. I went ahead and did the radio announcer VO myself (seven takes, thank you very much) and got some foley of my alarm clock, the most dreaded sound in the world. I've also altered the order of the film a tad. I hope it flows better this way, but we'll see when I'm done with the rough cut.

Editing with Vegas is deceptively easy. It looked daunting at first, but I just dove right in with my movie (didn't even make a music video first, like I normally do) and I think I've got the hang of it, though "auto-ripple" trips me up sometimes.

I hope that maybe I'll be able to watch the completed rough cut by Monday when I go to work, but that may be a tall order. :D

No comments: