Monday, February 4, 2008

C'mon Ferris, we have work to do...

I received a NoFUN today (stands for Not For Us Now, the term comes courtesy of my mom and the Housewife Writers) in the form of an informal rejection from FirstGlance Hollywood. They didn't notify me so much as I went to their website and discovered that, lo and behold, I was not on the list of short narrative flicks they'll be showing at FirstGlance 8. So I was depressed for a moment, then perked up because I still have fifteen more festivals to hear from...of course, that could mean fifteen more opportunities for rejection, but all I can do is "pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again." So, while I'm prepping the Romero project (storyboards are done, but I haven't been feeling well for the past week or two...I really need to get on that!!) I've decided that I also REALLY NEED to submit a couple of short stories to a horror magazine. Since Fangoria doesn't carry fiction (understandable -- it's a "news" mag, not a fiction mag), the next best choice is to jump over to Cemetery Dance, which DOES publish short fiction.
 
Here's the link in case anyone's interested in reading or sending in their own story: http://www.cemeterydance.com/
 
So, I plan on popping Ferris Bueller into my DVD player (I don't know why, but whenever I'm home I almost always write with Ferris on in the background...), sitting down with my laptop, and editing a bunch of my stories. Once I'm finished, I plan on reading them over again, fixing whatever I spot, then choosing one or two to send to Cemetery Dance for possible publication.

No comments: