Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"It's curtains for you. Lacey, gently wafting curtains..."

I should know better than to forget the awesomeness that is Joss Whedon. Well, it's not so much that I forget, it's that he's continually getting shafted by the Man without even so much as a thank you dinner. I don't see his work around so much outside of comic books, which are generally not a preferred medium of mine unless they're in limited run and are horror.
 
Anyway, he's being kind enough to shower his fans and the internet with some lovin' in the form of an Epic Superhero Musical! called Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Act One of Three is up as of yesterday, Act Two of Three will be up tomorrow, and Act Three of Three will be up on Saturday. And it's available at iTunes...but watch 'em while the watchin's good because they'll be gone in a New York Minute (a.k.a. July 20), off to that wonderful land called Dee Vee Dee.
 
So, stop reading this and go watch it! Revel in the silliness! Bathe in the awesomeness! Let the lightly scented magnificence gently lift you onto a fluffy white cloud of ecstasy!
 
Or something to that effect.

4 comments:

Marvin said...

Joss has the best situational dialogue around. I was watching "Hellboy" and marveling how lame the one-liners were, and how Joss could have done SUCH a better job of it.

Lori said...

I have to agree about Joss. I can't agree about either Hellboy because as much as I love Guillermo del Toro, I've not liked any of his Hollywood exploits so I haven't bothered.

Marvin said...

I wanted to thank you for clueing me in on Dr. Horrible. What a hoot! I loved it. And I'm glad I got to see it for free. The laundromat song is still stuck in my head. I love frilly silly ditties like that. And NPHarris is a surprisingly good singer. It was hilarious to see Nathan Fillion hamming it up. I love him as Captain Mal but haven't seen him in anything else besides Horrible.

Lori said...

You're welcome! Dr. Horrible had me practically rolling on the floor. The writing and delivery were so great.

Neil Patrick Harris took over the role of Mark in Rent once upon a time. I didn't get to see that, but I did hear a little bit and he was great.

Nathan Fillion...he's awesome. I would suggest checking out Slither if you haven't already. It was surprisingly good (cheesy, but good) and he was great in the film. He was also great in the seventh season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!