Sunday, May 11, 2008

"I miss the way she says my name..."

Go here to check out two videos, one of David Duchovny as Fox Mulder and the other of Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully, talking about each other. The videos are very brief, but so cute...

I am way beyond excited for The X-Files: I Want to Believe. I have only one more season of the show yet to watch: Season Nine. I didn't even watch it when it originally aired, but I bought it on DVD because darn it, I'm gonna see it all! The show sucked when David Duchovny left and I know that had it instead been Gillian Anderson who departed, it would have sucked just as much. The best part of the show, for me, was Mulder and Scully's relationship, how DD and GA played off each other and how the characters changed over the course of the series. Doggett and Reyes just didn't work. Not to mention that nothing says "jumped the shark" like that Brady Bunch episode.

I have a couple of months yet before the movie (which isn't mytharc so I don't NEED to have seen the entire series to get it) and I may need them just to get through season nine. I was hoping to go back and watch my favourite episodes again, though. We'll see...

2 comments:

Marvin said...

I thought Doggett and Reyes worked okay, but you're right, it just wasn't the same. Reyes was smart and beautiful, but Doggett is and always will be the T-1000 Terminator to me. He did bring a level of practical policework experience to the role which theoretical Mulder never did. I liked his street smarts.

One of my favorite episodes was with Tony Shaloub, "Soft Light." That horrible grating sound of the experimental shadow-making machinery at the end while the screen faded to black - very memorable.

The last movie was just a big TV episode which asked more questions than it answered. Nevertheless, I will go see the next movie. ;-)

Lori said...

Reyes is okay, but there were times as I watched the eighth season that I kept flashing on T-1000...such as the episode where Billy Miles was all Terminator like as he hunted down Scully ("Existence".)

That's one of the main reason why I'm glad they're not doing mytharc. They got so confused with their own mythology by the end of the show that nothing was really explained satisfactorially. This is a monster movie (apparently) so I'm digging it.