Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fangs for the memories...

Thanks to reader DCBomB87's leading me over to a viral blog titled Blood Copy, and a lot of digging by James at Death Walks the Streets, it turns out that that mysterious letter I received is a viral campaign for an HBO show about vampires called True Blood. Another viral site is RevenantOnes.com where some woman sits in the chair at the end of the countdown or something...I don't know, I didn't stick around. When I went to the site at first, my countdown clock said I had twenty hours; I checked into the letter at five in the morning that day so I completely forgot about it.
 
To tell the truth, I'm slightly disappointed. When I found out it was about vampires, I instantly thought of Blade because of the cuneiform writing, the chishio site, and the look of the Revenant Ones site. Also, I don't have HBO so I'll have to wait until the first season comes out on DVD if I want to see it, which is debatable. I'm not into vampires as such. The vampire subgenre in film and TV has gotten very stale, in my opinion. It's rare to see filmmakers do anything different or even intriguing with them. My mom will want to check it out at least once, though. Here's to hoping it's good!

2 comments:

Marvin said...

mmmm I don't watch HBO either. I was annoyed that CBS canceled "Moonlight," even if it was a pale remake of "Forever Knight." I'm always up for a good vampire tale, but you're right, they don't go anywhere with it. "Blade" was the best... "Underworld" was pretty weird. I'm just not sure what the genre could introduce that would be new.

Lori said...

Shoot, I'll accept different at this stage. With the exception of a rare few, vampire stories tend to be about some mopey guy who regrets being what he is and dresses in really cool outfits and is always in really cool lighting blah blah blah.

I like stuff like Nosferatu, Blade, Tod Browning's Dracula, the Dracula with Frank Langella (my first Drac flick), Near Dark (which is being remade), The Hunger, and Shadow of the Vampire. Oh! And Innocent Blood...that was a good one.