Monday, December 10, 2007

Teaser poster revealed for new Indiana Jones flick.

Courtesy Coming-Soon.net, the world gets to see the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull poster with art by the amazing Drew Struzan.

The more I see stuff for Indiana Jones the more excited I get, which is the point, of course. Except Shia LaBeouf's hair. There was one promo shot of him and his hair was really distracting.

I can remember seeing Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in the theatre. Picture it: Canton, Ohio. 1989. There was an Oscar Meyer wiener truck idling outside of a one screen movie theatre whose name has since been lost to the ravages of time (and probably to a demolition crew's wrecking ball as well), but whose interiour is reminiscent of a castle. I still have at least one of the Oscar Meyer wiener pins around here somewhere...no whistles, though. They weren't handing any of those out, that I saw anyway. We must have gone on opening day because why else would the Oscar Meyer wiener truck be there?

Anyway, I don't know how she managed it with a broken leg, but mom took myself and my best 
childhood friend, Jennifer, to the movies and that was what we saw. A month or so later, we moved to Florida. My family and I, that is, not Jennifer and my family.

I liked Last Crusade, but Temple of Doom was still my favourite...is even to this day. When I saw the movie, I was only a few years younger than Ke Huy Quan, the kid who played Short Round. That were was a smart, 
capable kid in a grown up movie enthralled me at a critical point 
in my life. 

I still love it for that...and it's a good flick.

I hope Kingdom of the Crystal Skull still holds that Indy magic...guess we'll find out in May.

No comments: