Sunday, December 16, 2007

Plums deify!

Still not done reading Stephen King's On Writing, but I was able to knock a good chunk out last night while icing my knee at work after the shows were started for the tens and the midnights. The Big Boss will just have to forgive me for not doing actual work during that time, but I wanted to, you know, stop the pain. (I twisted my knee a week or so ago and it's not happy. I'd go so far as to say that it was actually furious with me, but you'd have to ask it yourself. It's not speaking to me.)

Even though I'm not even close to done, I highly recommend this book to everyone who wants to be a writer, already is a writer, or thinks they are a writer. I've discovered that, at least as far as King's concerned, a lot of the things I do as a writer that I think are silly, he does, too, and even goes so far as to recommend doing. I do use adverbs when I'm attributing dialogue (sometimes, I just can't help myself, but I think this comes from the way I write screenplays), but I'm pretty good about not using cliches or too many metaphors (thank you, Mrs. Feasley.)

Anyway, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the book.

No comments: