Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Film Festival business!

Whew! Gotta get out my Swiffer, this place is all dusty! It's tough to try and keep a blog when you work every shift by yourself and are pretty exhausted by the time your days off roll around. In fact, this will be my ninth day in a row without a day off, but with good reason: I'm heading to the Indie Gathering the day after tomorrow! I'll try to post more both during and after the festival...I'll have so much to say and so much I'll want to remember! It is, after all, the first trip back to the homeland in 17 years and my first trip to Cleveland ever! What a way to go back!

In other news, I've got my trailer in a contest at the Vampire Film Festival in New Orleans! The film isn't about vampires, but they accept all dark materials and this film is certainly that. In their categories, I would classify it as Goth which works out because on the IMDb, the film is listed in the top thirteen Goth shorts! How that works, I don't know, but it's there and I'll take it. :D Maybe it's based on the use of keywords...whatever.

Anyway, the contest is on the festival's youTube channel. To vote, simply click on the stars and, if you feel so inclined, leave a comment as to why you feel that way. You can access my trailer's page directly by clicking on this sentence. I DON'T want ANYONE to click one star on any other trailer just to give anyone a boost! Please be honest! I know I can't expect the same from others in the contest, but I can hope for it! Besides, how are we to learn how to make stuff better without honesty?

In other news, I have made up a few DVDs to give away at the festival so if anyone reading this is actually going to Indie Gathering, or CenFlo or any festival for that matter, and wants a copy, come on up and find me after the screening ('cause, you know, you should see it before wanting it! ;D) They're homemade so a little rough, but made with heart and that's what counts when you don't have cash.

I think that's enough of this for now. I'll try to not be so absent in the future...I can't promise much when the bill-paying job is so tiring, but I can try!!

2 comments:

Marvin said...

Oh, how exciting it was, before reality set in!!! ;-)

Lori said...

Marvin: I know, right? But I'll always be excited for a film festival, even Sarasota when I know how it's run pretty much from the inside (as a projectionist anyway) out (as a photographer, concessionist, and audience member.)

The possibility of people watching my flick is always exciting. I just never considered that NO ONE would show up to most of the screenings in Ohio. Very strange to me...