Monday, April 12, 2010

Just a couple of things...

I'm really tired and this is my only day off until after the mainstream Sarasota Film Festival is over, but I wanted to post a couple of reviews for the projects I edited for the Sarasota Fringe Film Festival.

This link is to a review of the Circus Sarasota documentary: http://aande.blogs.heraldtribune.com/11657/sarasota-fringe-fest-review-circus-sarasota/

This link is to a review of the Bertha Palmer project. The guy only saw the first version, which was a work in progress. The one that played yesterday was much better and everyone loved it! So much so that I got a Colson Award for my work on the project: http://aande.blogs.heraldtribune.com/11651/sarasota-fringe-fest-review-mrs-palmer/

:D

edited to add: I found out yesterday that I also won for my cut of the Circus Sarasota documentary!

The complete list of winners can be found here: http://www.sarasotafringefilmfestival.com/

A special shout-out must go to Asif Ahmed, the director of the Vampire Film Festival and the man for whose website I write the vampire movie reviews, for winning the award for Best New Feature! Congrats Asif!

4 comments:

Marvin the Martian said...

Wohooo!!! Congratulations!!!!

Lori said...

Thank you!!

NoelCT said...

Congrats, Lori!

Is there or will there be any place we can see the docs themselves?

Lori said...

Noel:

I don't know what the producers are planning to do with them quite yet. I think they're just using them to attract investors to projects, like a demo. When I know more and can talk about it, I'll let you know. :D