Monday, June 30, 2008

Have I wiped the internet or something?

Since the Cataclysmic Computer Crash of Twenty Oh Eight, the Internet has been very strange... Apple and I are having problems letting me re-download the purchases I lost (to their credit, they acknowledge there's an issue and they're working on it -- meaning, they're not blaming me and saying "Tough!"), I had a problem activating a brand new copy of Final Draft (got that worked out, too, but I had to actually, like talk to a live person oh em gee), and I just tried posting a comment to someone's blog recommending they watch Eddie Izzard (that goes for all of you, too) and it said I had to register when I was already signed in...
 
I've got several movies to review, but I'm in the middle of editing together something for work so I am a tad bit busy, but I promise I will write something more in depth, but here're the basics:
 
Wall-E : Adorable, beautiful, and wonderful.
Wanted : Great action, "plot" poorly written, I really wanted to smack James McAvoy. Angelina was great, but her arms are just so small...
Get Smart : Cute, laughed more than I thought I would, but it's no Mel Brooks joint.
The Fall : Beautiful and sad, yet hopeful.

2 comments:

Marvin said...

Microsoft beckons you with the slick, shiny allure of software and hardware that has lots more support (and users). Join ussssss.... join ussssss...! I meet more aggravated Mac users, I tell you. Yet they keep BUYING the things.

I'm just kidding. I hope you resolve your computer issues soon. ;-)

I want to see "Wall-E" in the worst way. The trailers are hysterical. But I still haven't seen Indy 4.

Lori said...

I don't have a Mac. I have an iPod and iTunes (and I love them), but I run them on PC. I'm pretty computer literate. Not technician material or anything, but I've not called Customer Support on a computer issue. But I suppose that it helps that I'm not running Vista.

When you see Wall-E, try to see it digitally projected. Since that's the medium for which it was created, it's so pretty and sparkly and beautiful...